How big can data science become in the region, and what needs to be done to make it the data capital of Europe?
This conference will bring together all of the key stakeholders involved in the regional collaborations and activity that will drive forward the DDI agenda.
- 08.30 – Networking over coffee
- 09.15 – Welcome from the chair. Paul Forrest – Chairman, MBN Solutions
- 09.20 – Vision for the DDI programme. Jarmo Eskelinen– Data-Driven Innovation Programme, University of Edinburgh
Session 1: Adopting and fostering data innovation in industry
- 09.40 – Elizabeth Hollinger, Agrekko
- 10.10 – Speaker 2 expert from Mudano
- 10.40 – Break for coffee
- 11.00 – Speaker 3 expert from Accenture
- 11.30 – Panel discussion on session
Previous three speakers and Ruth Donnelly, The University of Edinburgh & Professor Bruce Whitelaw, The University of Edinburgh
- 12.15 – Networking Lunch
- 13.15 – Keynote address. Peter Mathieson, Principal, University of Edinburgh
Session 2 – Woman in data
- 13.30 – Five key players from the woman in data will discuss key topics within the industry.
Speakers include: Catherine Stihler, Open Knowledge Foundation; Gillian Hogg, Heriot-Watt University; Talat Yaqoob, Equate Scotland
Break out session
There will be four break out sessions for delegates to attend and the opportunity to attend two sessions on Research highlights and Design informatics.
Final session – Data for public good: Unicef case study
- 15.55 – A panel will discuss this case study as well as answer questions from the audience.
- 16.30 – Closing remarks. Jarmo Eskelinen– Data-Driven Innovation Programme, University of Edinburgh