Enjoy a stroll in the 126 acre parkland science and business park and take pictures that best encapsulate Edinburgh Technopole during the spring and summer seasons (avoiding the buildings).
A water lily by J Fowler - a previous entry in the Edinburgh Technopole photographic contest
Entries open until Friday 6th September 2019, and the winning picture will receive Amazon vouchers to the value of £500. There will be a second prize of £250 in vouchers and a special category for children under 13 years of age with a prize of £250 in vouchers.
“We're really excited to again have the opportunity to organise a photography competition. The last one, which was a resounding success was back in 2013.”
Judith Sanderson, Park Manager at Edinburgh Technopole
Edinburgh Technopole is located within Midlothian Science Zone; a cluster of science parks, research institutes and innovation centres located in Midlothian, to the south of Edinburgh.
- Only photographs taken within the 126 acres of Edinburgh Technopole on the Midlothian Science Zone will be considered.
- All entrants may enter up to three prints, no larger than A3 in size.
- All entries must be presented in JPEG, PNG or TIFF format.
- Prints should be uploaded to a file sharing site DropBox and the link, along with the entrants contact details and photograph titles, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If preferred, entrants may post entries to Edinburgh Technopole Photography Competition, Bush House, Milton Bridge, Nr Penicuik, EH26 0BB.
- Entrants are welcome to mount their images to display them to best advantage but this is not an entry requirement.
- Photographs and contact details must be received on or before Friday, September 6.
Judges anticipate favouring natural shots over those which have been visibly subjected to digital manipulation. The photographs should not infringe any law or be taken in a way that may cause harm to the photographer and others.
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting Edinburgh Technopole to take their pictures.
The top 10 photographs may be used in future publications and press by Edinburgh Technopole. The photographer will retain copyright but Edinburgh Technopole retains the right to use the photographs for marketing and advertising purposes.
The judging panel will consist of occupiers of Edinburgh Technopole, the Midlothian Advertiser and judges’ decisions are final.
Source: Midlothian Advertiser